Full credit for this delicious recipe goes to Butternut Bakery Blog – her stuff is insanely good and I am obsessed with everything she makes.
t is apple season! And this apple cinnamon bread is one of the best things you can do as a big 'ol ode to apples. It is deliciously sweet, with the perfect balance of tartness from the apples. It is pretty dang easy to make, I even made it with my biggest munchkin and she nailed it. We went a little extra on the vanilla - but Sloane already knows we measure vanilla with the heart. We also went a little extra on the sprinkled sugar on top - which caramelized in the oven was SO stinking good! So good in fact, that I am certainly not making you wait any longer to get this recipe going in your house.
Apple Cinnamon Bread Ingredients
- 2 cups peeled and finely diced apples (I used pink lady because those are the best IMO)
- 3/4 cup (185g) oat milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups (265g) all-purpose gluten-free flour or regular flour if you want
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) + 1 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup (105g) + 1 tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (62g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or 2 tbsp if you’re Sloane – it was still good for the record)
- Coconut sugar, for topping (optional)
Apple Cinnamon Bread Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Line a 5″x9″ loaf pan with parchment paper
3. Melt one tbsp of butter in the microwave and add 1 cup of apples. Mix in 1 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon and place to the side
4. In a measuring glass, add milk and stir in the vinegar – set to the side
5. In another medium sized bowl (because we are making all the dishes), whisk together flour, 1 tsp of cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Then place to the side.
6. If you think I’m going to say grab another bowl, I am – get a large mixing bowl as well as your hand mixer, mix 1/2 cup of softened butter as well as 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of white sugar. Mix in the apple sauce, egg, and vanilla.
7. Pour in half of your medium bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
8. Just before everything is mixed well, pour in your milk/vinegar mixture and stir to combine
9. Add the rest of the dry ingredients – just before this is fully mixed, add the apples (the non-dressed apples)
10. Pour the batter into your loaf pan, swirl your dressed apples into the top and sprinkle with sugar.
10. Bake the apple cinnamon bread for 50-60 minutes, remove from the oven and cool.