I decided to ignore the sugar bomb that this chocolate Oreo ice cream is, and make my family a delicious end-of-summer treat that everyone would obsess over. Both Sloane and McGregor were thrilled at the prospect of getting homemade chocolate Oreo ice cream. The excitement in both of their eyes was worth every hyper moment that my toddler experienced after eating this.
This chocolate Oreo ice cream recipe is originally from Broma Bakery. What caught my eye about it was the fact that it was no churn and dead easy to make. Where I went wrong was not doing Reese PB cups instead of Oero’s so I could also eat the ice cream (I couldn’t find gluten-free Oreo’s at the time). I did, however, make myself a mini-batch with milk chocolate chips which was delicious. I think the Oreo’s (but the PB cups) would have been best. Oh well! Here we are and the good news is that I can easily make it again when we are done with this batch. That’s right, we still have some of this chocolate Oreo ice cream left. Be prepared it’s incredibly rich so share with lots of friends or take your time eating it.
recipe via Broma Bakery
- 473 mL heavy whipping cream
- 300 mL sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup of coca powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 package + of crumbled oreo cookies (OR Reese PB cups – YUM)
- Using a stand mixer, whip your whipping cream until medium-stiff peaks are formed
- In a medium bowl, add your condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and sea salt and combine well.
- Fold in your chocolate condensed milk mixture with your whipped cream. Be gentle, you don’t want your whipping cream to get over mixed and fall.
- Add your oreo’s (OR Reese PB cups… or what the hell, do both!) to the mixture, gently folding it in.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, toss your mixed up ice cream in there and freeze overnight.
- Serve it cold (duh) the next day.