hristmas is just around the corner and I ran out of gift tags! I had a wild abundance and never thought I would run out. This year was the year. I had two choices: run to the store and find some new ones or get the stamp set I've been eyeing for a few years and make my own. We can all see what version of the Christmas gift tag crisis fix I went with! The best part is how easy these are to make and how you likely have (mostly) everything on hand, except the stamps which will arrive before Christmas if you order now! Not only are the gift tags a wonderful idea, you can also make some memories here - I took Sawyers foot print and made it into a little keepsake ornament. The opportunities are truly endless.
Ingredients to Make Christmas Gift Tags
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
Christmas Gift Tag Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Roll out the dough on the counter and cut it into the shapes you want for your gift tags.
- Place the cut out shapes onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet and stamp with the letters you’d like. Make a hole for the ribbon using a tooth pick (I used a kebab stick).
- Bake for 1 hour or until the gift tags are hardened.
- Add your ribbon and to your gift!