nother season, another one room challenge. I look last spring off, but now I am so excited to be back this fall working on our home office 2.0. Why 2.0 you ask?! Well, great question. I originally did my home office in the fall of 2021 but lots has changed since then so we needed to pivot! Let me run you through it.
Why Am I Doing Another Home Office?
What on Earth is Happening in this Room?
So, fair question. I’ll preface by saying my due date is today, so I am blogging this from the past – at least my images are from the past where I forgot to take proper before’s of the space. We’ll call it pregnancy brain for fun – but it really was just a gigantic oversight. This room is our spare bedroom – used by visitors maybe 10% of the year. It also has served as McGregor’s home office space on the odd occasion he works from home.
Now we sort of need a three-fold room here – so while I’m calling this home office 2.0, what we really need is a spare room, a home office for me, and an occasional home office for McGregor.
Just a small undertaking.
The Plan For Home Office 2.0
- So, we need a KING murphy bed. Yes, you read that right. Do you know how hard that is to find? It’s hard, but doable.
- We aren’t just doing any king murphy bed though – were doing one that looks like built-ins. The discrete kind of murphy bed
- Then we are doing a desk – a middle of the room desk. BOLD choice right. I love it. It feels so much grander in the middle of the room.
- We need a new light fixture
- All the other decor items
- OH paint, of course. We are going dark and MOODY and I’m very excited.
So there you have it, my week 1 update! Hopefully week 2 is delayed because our little one has arrived. Please cross your fingers for me LOL!