oney whipped feta and roasted chickpeas - the recipe that I've made you wait over four months for me to type up. Of course I never want to make anyone wait this long for something - however, given you already have (thank you so much for your patience!), I will tell you, it is well worth the wait. This honey whipped feta and roasted chickpea is a crazy simple recipe that can wow your guests easily. Literally 5-10 minutes of effort for a beautiful dish with a really yummy outcome. Plus, there is so much flexiblity here. If you don't like chickpeas - which I encourage you to try them roasted - you might instead want to put olives on top of this honey whipped feta dip. Maybe you want to try pinenuts, or have other inspiration you want to try like artichokes? I could suggest things all day so I'll stop and give you the recipe now.
Honey Whipped Feta Ingredients
- 1 cup of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (less if you don’t like it too sweet)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tsp za’atar
- 1 tsp sumac
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas, pat dry and place on a baking sheet where they can all be flat.
3. Season chickpeas generously with 1-2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper as well as za’atar and sumac.
4. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
5. Meanwhile, combine feta, yogurt or sour cream, garlic, honey, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a food processor.
6. Pulse until smooth. If you feel like it is too thick, add a more olive oil.
7. Lay out the whipped feta on a serving board, add fresh cracked pepper and salt and then top with the roasted chickpeas once they are done and slightly cool.
8. Serve with crackers.