Turkey Burgers With All The Flavour
Well, summer weather is upon us here in Vancouver and that means is officially burger season! We typically go for an easy beyond burger in this house but some days I’m feeling ambitious and know I can step up my burger game. So, I stepped up my game big time and I made some seriously killer turkey burgers.
Typically, I’m not a turkey burger fan. Actually, to be fair, I’m typically not a burger fan in general. But these burgers. Oh, these turkey burgers I could eat all day every day. They will transport your taste buds on a delicious journey. Between the sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese. AH. It’s so good.
Okay, I don’t need to go on and on about turkey burgers. What needs to happen is you need to go get these ingredients immediately and make them for yourself
Makes 6 smaller burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Favourite burger fixings
(buns, lettuce, tomato,
tzatziki, avocado etc.)
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with crushed garlic, and oregano.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, spinach, sundried tomatoes, onion, feta, and egg mixture.
- Form your turkey mixture into 3-inch patties and lay them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pop them into the freezer for 10-minutes prior to cooking. This will help them hold their shape better when cooking.
- You can bake or BBQ your burgers: Bake at 400F for approximately 25 min,
flipping halfway). BBQ at medium-high heat for approximately 5-7 minutes per side.
- Make your burger: use lettuce or bun of choice, and top with tzatziki, onions (caramelized is delish), avocado, tomato – whatever your heart
Leave a Reply