Valentine’s Day Monster Cookies
alentine's Day and monster cookies probably don't belong in the same sentence unless you think Valentine's Day is monstrous - which you may. Nevertheless, Valentine's Day Monster Cookies are here to say because they are indeed Monster Cookies and I have in fact made them for Valentine's Day. They are gluten-free, super delicious, and perfect to make for your loved ones (or yourself) next week.
I also used my favourite Caraway baking sheet to make these – recommend, literally the best ever. The cookies will slide right off.
Secondly, I also used my wireless kitchen aid hand mixer to mix these together. OH MY GOODNESS my baking world has changed. I can dance around the kitchen and bake anywhere I like. Obsessed.
Valentine’s Day Monster Cookie Ingredients
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned gluten-free oats
- 1 1/4 cups Valentine’s M&M’s (couldn’t find them so we used Easter ones)
- 1 package Mini Reese PB Cup hearts
Valentine’s Day Monster Cookie Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until combined. I used my wireless hand mixer – it was the bomb.com
3. One at a time, Beat in the eggs and 1 egg yolk.
4. Slowly, add the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Mix in the oats.
6. Add the M&Ms.
7. Roll the dough into 1/4 cup size balls – don’t try to make heart shapes, it doesn’t work (LOL)
8. Place the rolled dough 3 inches apart on a baking sheet.
9. Bake for 7 minutes, quickly remove the pan and add your hearts. Bake an additional 2-3 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and cool.
Leave a Reply