Surprise! Sloane’s room is complete – well almost. I will release a final, final reveal as I solidify what’s going on the walls (and maybe finish filling and painting the crown moulding). For now, this gives you a pretty exact look at how the big girl room has come together. It’s beautiful, classic, and perfectly fit for a little girl. Sloane’s first comment to me when she first saw it was “wow mom! It’s so cozy.” Later that week she was talking to herself in her bed (while not sleeping) about how pretty the flowers on the wall are and how much she loves her room – warm my heart. With reactions like this, I’ll makeover your room any day little bean.
What Went Into Sloane’s Big Girl Room
Obviously, there were several components as to what went into this big girl room – do you remember her nursery tour? It doesn’t even seem like the same space, yet here we are.
Here’s what happened in her room:
- Big girl bed – purcahsed via FBM
- New end tables (Eket Ikea Hack)
- Glue-based wallpaper installation
- Chair rail installation
- Panel/box moulding installation
- Crown moulding installation (my crown was flat on the back and the top so I used the same method as the chair rail)
When I write it all out, it’s a pretty substantial list – one that I’m really proud of.
Resources for Sloane’s Big Girl Room
Obviously, there are a ton of components for Sloane’s room, but in terms of the colours, finishes, and other sources I’ll help you out the best I can. If there’s a question you have or a link you feel is missing, I can help you out – just drop a comment below!
- Bed Frame – Pottery Barn Kids – Ella Frame (old – was a FBM find)
- Bed Frame and End Table colour: Benjamin Moore Simply White
- Bunny lamps (to be painted gold in the future) – Bouclair
- Wallpaper – Photowall Sweden (Bohemian Blossom) -25% off discount code valid until April 2022
- Wall colour: Benjamin Moore – Swiss Coffee to 75% strength
- Velvet Curtains – Amazon
- Floor Cushion – Simons
Big Girl Room Transformation
Hopefully, this is a room that Sloane can continue to grow into and continue loving over the next several years. And well, if it’s not, I suppose there will eventually be a post on how to remove glue-based wallpaper. For now, she loves her new room so until that changes, we are going to soak up every cozy memory in there.